the creative spirit

unleashing creativity in my life, my love, and my craftiness

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado

I am a SAHM of 2 beautiful girls, Rachael and Sarah. I am married to an incredibly intelligent man (Nathan) who is very creative in his own right. I love to be creative and find inspiration everywhere...the challenge is piecing that inspiration together in my life!


I am working on two small felted purses for my girls for Easter and trying to keep my sanity with a baby blanket I'm not currently thinking fondly of.
I am also participating in a Bible study using A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

the excitement around me

Last Monday Rachael-dressed in pink tights, pink leotard, and a neat bun-enjoyed her very first dance class. How excited she was!! Her little sister stayed in the hallway right outside the classroom and danced her own little dance to the music she heard, asking me to pick her up so she could see "sis" through the window every once in a while. For the rest of the week these two girls have been dancing and "ice skating" (on our hardwood floor) nonstop...(we've been watching a lot of the olympics). Yesterday during Rachael's second class, we decided to sign her up for her own class. So my little 3 year old will be walking into her first ballet class tomorrow night. I'm so excited for them and feel so blessed that they are able to have this joy in their lives.

I have crocheted bun holders for both of them. I would like to knit some legwarmers and ballet wrap sweaters for them, but have been unable to find any patterns that work for me. The legwarmer patterns I've found are not what I'm wanting. I want a simple thigh length legwarmer for Rachael, perhaps knee length for Sarah. I think I'll experiment with a simple 2k2p rib and stockinette pattern in a light pink yarn. The sweater patterns I've found are for adults...and one short sleave child wrap. I'll keep looking. I also want to sew a couple wrap skirts for them. I'll be doing a quick search tonght to see if I can find any simple patterns/ideas for that.

As for my new blog...I'm trying to get pictures on it but have been unable to do so. I follow all the directions and still no picture...I need to fool around a bit and see if I can figure it out.

Well...I need to do some searching then head for my sewing machine to work on a couple quilted ballet bags.

Good Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Women of Faith Contagious Joy Conference